Thursday, January 19, 2012

Silk Offering Great New Thai Food to Pinoys

I got an invitation to have a taste of Thai food in Silk restaurant just the other night. I am not into spicy food but I could not resist the invitation. So, while on my way to the place located at the Serendra lifestyle mall in For Bonifacio, I prepared my tongue to a fight...here comes hot food to battle.

As I entered the chic restaurant, I found the place good for family meal or just having lunch with friends.

Warmly welcomed by the host, my colleague and I is seated at a comfortable corner of the resto. Then come in the food started off with Tom Yum Talay, a traditional Thai soup. It is a sour-spicy seafood soup with hints of galangal, lemongrass and coriander.
Next is the best selling appetizer from the Silk Appetizer Collection, the Fresh Thai Spring Roll with sweet Cucumber and vinegar dipping sauce and peanut sauce. I found out that Silk menu is made up of traditional Thai cuisine, in which a full meal not only acquaints you with the various spices and flavors of Asia, it allows you to enjoy a balance of the four fundamental taste flavors of Thai cuisine --- sweet, spicy, salty and sour. Because I enjoyed the Crispy Shrimp and Coriander Pastry, Grilled Pork wrapped in Betel Leaf, and the delectable Chicken Satay served with Thai Curry Sauce.



Since I am a seafood enthusiast, I tried their Seafood Satay which are marinated skewers of Prawn, Squid and Snapper fillets that come with a delightful dipping sauce of palm vinegar and various condiments, and I could say this is soooo yummy! And the famous Pomelo and Shrimp Salad, this will surely transport you to the streets and markets of Thailand.
Of course, having a Thai meal not be complete without a taste of curry. For those who do not like spicy food like me, the Green Chicken Curry is perfect, although all dishes my be adjusted to your personal spice level preference. The Roast Duck in Red Curry and the tender, stewed for hours Beef Shank in Mussaman Curry are a must try when you dine in Silk.

For the main course, Silk serves an extensive set of dishes that offer lots of chicken, beef, seafood, and vegetables. Crab lovers will surely love the Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab with Black Pepper Sauce. For the sweet and sour enthusiasts, there is the Thai Style Sweet and Sour Lapu Lapu to feast on.


Wondering about Thailandʼs most popular of noodles and rice dishes? Silkʼs Phad Thai and Bagoong Rice are one of the best in the metro.

For sweet lovers, there are the Mango Sticky Rice or the housemade ice creams of Durian, Coconut and Mango. You will really love these cause we are not stranger to these fruits, right?

Last but not least, Silk has a pleasant wine selection that pairs well with the flavors of Thai Food, a full bar service and an extensive list of cocktails which include Pandan Martinis, Lemongrass Martinis, and Silkʼs own Ginger Zinger.

By the way, Silk has Happy Hour from 6pm-8pm everyday, so enjoy their wide wine selections!


No comments:

Post a Comment